For those with oily or combination skin, facial oils may seem like a disaster waiting to happen.
Thankfully, Lunalis launched their Extreme Face Oil in the nick of time. This botanical-based problem solver manages to keep everything in check, from fine lines and dryness to congestion and dullness.
There are five different oils concentrated into every stunningly luxe bottle: geranium, jojoba, pomegranate, safflower, and a little-known skin care all-star, prickly pear seed oil.
The pretty bottle upgrades any bathroom countertop.
What is prickly pear seed oil? It comes from a fruit-producing cactus, which I’m now officially obsessed with. I mean, think about it. If a plant can thrive endlessly in the desert without moisture (and still look good), think of what it can do for your skin. That’s Extreme Face Oil: long-lasting, desert-tested hydration.
Bloom! The flower on a prickly pear cactus
For those with oily skin or even just an oily T-zone (me!), you have nothing to fear. Many of the oils in this masterful blend have oil-balancing properties, delivering just the right amount of hydration while tackling any surplus. This quality makes for a delightfully lightweight, no-shine-left-behind facial oil.
Extreme Face Oil is also an A+ choice for those prone to redness or irritation. I hate fragrance and artificial colors and this oil has none. It imparts just a hint of geranium flower scent on contact. I also love that Extreme Face Oil has left out other bogus ingredients like parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, DEA, PABA and paraffin.
Vibrant fruit on a prickly pear cactus
Things I Love
In a nutshell, here are the qualities I love most about this do-it-all oil:
- Just-right moisture: This oil hydrates, without leaving your face looking slick.
- No wait time: It absorbs quickly for immediate makeup application.
- Soothing: Redness is calmed and cleared away.
- Pore-perfection: Not a blackhead in sight.
- No-nonsense purity: The oil is clear, unscented and primarily plant-based.
- A Touch of Luxe: 24k gold flakes deliver unexpected luminosity.
- So Fresh and So Gleam(ing): My skin looks bright throughout the day.
A Breakdown of Ingredients
- Geranium Oil: Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) oil is considered to be a top choice for oily, acne-prone skin. In the anti-aging department, this oil over-delivers by encouraging firmness and staving off the signs of aging.
- Jojoba Oil: This gentle, non-allergenic oil contains fatty acids to replenish and repair, antioxidants that help resist the signs of aging and plant sterols to control inflammation.
- Pomegranate Oil: Full of antioxidants and fatty acids, this anti-ager goes to work on fine lines and sagging skin, while locking in moisture.
- Prickly Pear Seed Oil: Derived from one of nature’s highest-performing plants, prickly pear seed oil manages to protect the skin against free radical damage and promote cell renewal for a fresher appearance, all while nixing dryness and calming inflammation.
- Safflower Oil: It’s no wonder I never suffer breakouts anymore. Safflower oil is used to treat acne, as well as issues like eczema and psoriasis. Teeming with Vitamin E, this multi-talented hydrator also improves skin elasticity and the look of wrinkles.
How I Use Lunalis Extreme Face Oil
AM: I wash face with Urban Skin RX Even Tone Skin Cleansing Bar, pat face dry and apply Lumene Glow Boost Essence to face and neck. I then massage CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30 on my face and neck. Finally, I take two drops of Extreme Face Oil and pat it all over. After applying makeup, I dot some of the oil along my cheekbones for a pretty highlighting effect.
PM: I wipe away eye and face makeup with an e.l.f. cleansing cloth, then wash face with Urban Skin RX Even Tone Skin Cleansing Bar. I apply Skin Medica Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum, Differin Gel and then four drops of Extreme Face Oil, which will take care of my face and neck.